Organizes, directs, and provides supervision for nursing staff and assures the provision of professional nursing care for patients in the surgical services department. The Director of Surgical Services directs and supervises all operations related to the Surgical Services Department. Will ascertain department is in compliance with all CMS and other Regulatory rules/regulations. Responsible for the Surgical Department’s compliance with hospital policies protocols, and procedures.
- Directs and supervises the operations of the surgical services department to ensure the quality of services and to assure a coordinated effort to fulfill department responsibilities within the long range plan of the hospital.
- Performs delegated functions in compliance with hospital and nursing department policies, protocols and procedures. Delivers nursing care in an organized manner to groups of patients in compliance with hospital and nursing department policies, protocols and procedures. Provides patient care based on the nursing process. Monitors the patient’s behavioral and physiological status.
- 10% Demonstrates patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors. Demonstrates knowledge and skill in meeting age related and handicapped patient’s needs.
- 10% Is accountable for maintaining and improving own nursing knowledge and skills and that of staff. Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education, Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. Knowledge of Surgical
- Experience, and Services standards and requirements. Registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners
- Required Certification Examiners for the State of Texas; CPR certification; ACLS required, PALS preferred.
- Physical Demands Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching.
- Working Conditions Regularly exposed to risk of bloodborne diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. Exposed unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. May perform emergency care. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- El Campo, TX 77437: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- In person